Jahan Saffron Producer Cooperative Company
from Torbat-e Heydarieh and Zaveh Farmlands up to the Export
Torbat-e Heydarieh and Zaveh cities are located in South of Khorasan Razavi Province and are famous for their saffron lands, as they have the first rank in quality and quantity for producing saffron in the world. Approximately, there are 15000 hectares of lands under saffron cultivation in these two cities, and they produce 60 tons of usable saffron spice annually. As a traditional business, relying experiences of fathers and in combination with modern technology, Jahan Saffron Cooperative Co. with 50 producer members and vast areas of saffron cultivated lands, has been always proud producer of saffron.
In order to further promote the quality and properties of saffron, for the first time in the industry, Jahan Saffron Producer Cooperative Co, developed organic saffron farmlands. In 2010, the Cooperative was able to obtain the Organic Certification from BCS, Germany (German Organic Certification Organization), and became a certified operation internationally.
With the aim of improving the quality of the plant at the farmlands, Jahan Saffron Producer Cooperative Co., established processing workshops and quality control laboratories in accordance with international standards. The high quality of the products and the quality control in laboratories have brought Jahan Saffron many awards and certifications, including Iranian National Standard Certification, ISO 9001:2008 for establishing quality management system standards, and HACCP.
Jahan Saffron Cooperative Co. has the honor to obtain many awards and certifications and achieve remarkable goals, as follows:
- Statuette of the First Organic and Healthy Saffron Producer at the First National Festival on Organic Productions;
- The Exemplary Saffron Producer Certificate during 2001- 2009;
- The Best Producer Statuette awarded by the Ministry of Agricultural Jihad, 2010;
- Selected as the Exemplary Unit by Iran Food and Drug Administration;
- Certificate of FDA Registration by US Food and Drug Administration, 2011;
- Selected as the Exemplary Unit by Ministry of Health and Iran Food and Drug Administration (IFDA); and awarded Healthy Apple Insignia;
- The Exemplary Unit for Producing Healthy and Organic Saffron in Iran, 2011;
- International Certificate as the First Producer of Organic Saffron in Iran by BCS (German Organic Certification Organization), Germany;
- ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate and HACCP Attestation, continuously since 2007 up to now;
Jahan Saffron Cooperative Co. is also honored to export saffron to more than 30 countries in Asia and Europe and increase the share of Iranian saffron in international markets. The Cooperative runs 80% of consultancy services on increasing the quality of Premium All Red Saffron (Negin Saffron) production in the area. In order of further promoting the quality of producing saffron in general, Jahan Saffron provides advocacy packages for producers who are not members of the Cooperative Co. as well.